I saw this posted on Soompi and I thought it’s worth sharing especially since there’s been quite a lot of rumors coming out regarding he cancellation of the JYJ World Tour Concert in Indonesia.
DNBN’s Official Announcement Rebutting Rumors Regarding Dream Catcher Indonesia and Concert Cancellation
T/N: The below is the translation of the official announcement that DNBN made regarding the situation in Indonesia. JYJ3 echoes DNBN in expressing our sincere sadness at the pains that the Indonesian fans have suffered due to the actions of its concert promoter.
Rebuttal on the False Rumors and Arguments Regarding the Cancellation of JYJ’s Indonesia Concert
Hello. This is DNBN.
Rumors with low credibility regarding JYJ’s World Tour Indonesia Concert’s cancellation.
We have come to draft this rebuttal in order to give you credible information after confirming the truths and reliability of the (below) materials regarding the cancellation of the concert.
Yesterday C-JeS announced that JYJ’s concert in Indonesia was officially cancelled. Fans of Indonesia, we cannot imagine how distraught you are. We express our sincerest condolences.
Unfortunately, right now, false rumors that blame a particular member for the cancellation is spreading in the international fandom. Because this rumor is being spread unilaterally by one side, we want to provide the other side so that you have more complete information.
This writing is not to argue that the cancellation is the fault of one side or to criticize the other.
Only, we wish that through this writing there will be no one who will believe that the rumors that are currently spreading are the truths.
Dream Catcher Indonesia (hereafter DCI) is the “official promoter” of JYJ Concert in Indonesia. DCI has never successfully hosted an event (previously it had worked with CN Blue and FT Island but ended up cancelling). The owner of DCI is a person named A.W. Ardiati. In press releases and other materials, it is shown that a person named Tita Ardiati is DCI’s President (see http://bit.ly/ici7xq). Tita Ardiati is also an administrator of the Indonesian TVXQ (not JYJ—they are “OT5”, i.e., supports only TVXQ5) Fanclub “Cassination.” In Indonesia, an “official fan club” is typically chosen to facilitate ticket sales. Unsurprisingly, Cassination was selected as the “official fan club.” However, DCI has long shown signs of instability—for instance, its CEO resigned last Friday.
Many of DCI’s actions regarding the concert preparation cannot be excused.
(1) DCI FAILED TO ADEQUATELY PRMOTE JYJ IN INDONESIA.
(a) It did absolutely zero promotion via TV or billboards, which are the traditional methods of promotion for concerts in Indonesia in which a substantial portion of the population does not have access to the internet.
(Even print promotions through the newspapers and magazines were extremely sparse (Short informational feature in the magazine IndoWorld and newspaper Pandeira were largely the entirety of this).
© In fact, even as late as March 22nd, DCI admits on its Twitter that it has not started its promotional activities. (See http://wp.me/p1gQsC-2ly)
(2) DCI HAS LIED MULTIPLE TIMES TO MULTIPLE PARTIES ON MULTIPLE OCCASIONS IN ITS HANDLING OF THE CONCERT.
(a) THE CONCERT TICKETS.
– DCI sold the concert tickets in three different ways up to the day before the cancellation without having first obtained the consent and authorization from C-JeS. (See http://wp.me/p1gQsC-2kq)
– DCI has misrepresented to the press and the public about the tickets selling out when they have not, multiple times, causing serious confusion to and hindering fans and potential buyers. In fact, there was much anxiety in the Indonesian fandom about just how well the tickets were selling because there was no accurate information.
THE CAUSE OF THE CONCERT’S CANCELLATION
a. JAEJOONG: TITA ARDIATI, THE PRESIDENT OF DCI AND THE ADMIN OF CASSINATION, AND MANY OF HER CLOSE ASSOCIATES PUBLICLY SLANDERED JYJ MEMBER JAEJOONG WITH FALSE ALLEGATIONS. (For some examples out of many, see Tita Ardiati’s twitter at http://wp.me/p1gQsC-2ly )
– Any allegations that Jaejoong personally has anything to do with Indonesia’s cancellation are obvious lies. In fact, Jaejoong has never even set foot in Indonesia.
– The nature of the allegations was extremely defamatory towards Jaejoong and calculated to inflame the public opinion of Indonesian fans against Jaejoong.
– Nonetheless, because these false allegations were made by such powerful figures in the Indonesian JYJ fandom, they are spreading like wildfire and are seriously hurting Jaejoong’s reputation in Indonesia and causing much anguish to his fans.
b. PRESS RELEASE: DCI AND ITS PRESIDENT TITA ARDIATI RELEASED AN OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE THAT STATED THAT THE CONCERT WAS CANCELLED BECAUSE C-JES MADE ADDITIONAL HIGH-COST REQUESTS (see Press Release at http://www.dreamcatcher-indo.biz )
– Tita Ardiati and her associates lost all credibility when they slandered and spread harmful rumors that hurt Jaejoong, who has nothing to do with the cancellation. All of their statements, therefore, warrant close scrutiny and suspicion as to their truth.
– The press release is misleading and false in other ways. For instance, it states that DCI “worked hard to fulfill all that is needed for this concert” when, by their own admission, there were seriously inadequate promotions and many lies to the press and the fans about ticket sales.
– The press release is also contrary to the announcement made by C-JeS which said that DCI’s repeated failure to abide by contract terms and its inability to smoothly carry out the concert are what led to the cancellation.
(3) DCI’S DESIGNATED OFFICIAL FANCLUB CASSINATION WAS AN INAPPRORPIATE CHOICE FOR A JYJ-CONCERT. IT IS “OT5,” I.E., SUPPORTS ONLY TVXQ5, AND HAS SOLICITED FOR AND PLANNED FOR “YUNJAE” EVENTS FOR THE JYJ CONCERT.
(a) Through their Tweeter and Forum, Cassination has repeatedly and explicitly condoned and encouraged fans to do activities that are disrespectful to a JYJ Concert, such as shouting names of people who are not part of JYJ. In fact, there is evidence that Cassination was making a Yunjae Banner to bring to the JYJ Concert and had plans to stage a high-profile Yunjae event. (See http://i56.tinypic.com/2h51x8y.png )
( This shows a serious disregard for the respect owed to Jaejoong, Yoochun, and Junsu as people and artists.
We believe that C-JeS gravely erred in not monitoring Indonesia closely earlier. It is our sincerest hope that C-JeS will pull its weight on organizing these tours which are momentous occasions for fans. Nonetheless, the above events cannot be excused. Again, we express our sorrow at the events that took place in Indonesia—we believe that DCI wronged not just JYJ but also their fans in Indonesia.
Once again, we wish to express how saddened we are for fans who endured great suffering due to DCI’s above actions.
Translation Credit: JYJ3