Yes, DBSK’s single “Break Out!” is really breaking into the top spot of every category of the Oricon Charts! The Oricon Monthly Singles ranking are out and our boys are crowned as the kings for the month of January. This is their VERY FIRST single to be ranked number one on the Oricon MONTHLY Singles Chart with 255, 917 units sold in total since it’s release last January 27, 2010. Not only did they top the monthly ranking, they also surpassed the sales of popular Japanese artists like Ayumi Hamasaki who stands in second with her single selling 113,546 units and YUI who is in third place with 95,501 units sold. Certainly, this another achievement for them! Congratulations to our dear boys and hopefully more success will come their way in the future! :D
[Credit: Oricon Chart + lovetohateme@wordpress]
Just a recap of what DBSK have achieved so far with their single “Break Out!”:
1. It reached the top spot of Oricon Daily Singles ranking on it’s release day with sales of more than 169K units.
2. This is DBSK’s 7th single to reach the top of the Oricon Charts (both Daily and Weekly) – thus breaking their personal record.
3. They broke the record held by Elton John for more than 12 years as the foreign artist with the most number of sales with almost 256K at the end of the week thus seating them on the top of the Oricon Weekly Singles ranking.
4. DBSK got the top spot for the Oricon Monthly Singles ranking – their very first one since they started their activities in Japan.
5. This single is their VERY FIRST SINGLE to reach PLATINUM in Japan.
Again, congratulations to our boys! I’m so proud of you! :)