The 4th Japanese album “The Secret Code” was already released yesterday and I just thought of giving a short comment/review on the new songs included in the album just like what I did before with the 4th Korean album “Mirotic”.
I won’t be giving comments for the songs that were already released as singles since I’ve already given my opinion on those for a hundred times already. Hahaha. I’ll just comment on the new songs to avoid to much redundancy.
* The Secret Game – I think this is just intended to be an intro song/prelude (is that what you call it?) to the album. The start is kinda messy, in my opinion. The instrumental sounded like a mix of a detective-themed movie background and a ballroom dancing song. But the middle and last part was ok. I don’t like it that much, to be honest. I guess I don’t like the arrangement that much.
* Force – At first, I didn’t like this song but after listening to it for about three times, I finally found it catchy. But still, it’s not one of my favorites among the new songs because I still think there’s something odd sounding about Changmin’s voice in the chorus. The “oh~” part is kinda distracting to me. Hahaha.
* Taxi – This is my most favorite among all the new songs (unreleased songs) from this album. I actually can’t express how beautiful this song is. It holds so much emotions to it and the boys’ voices just made it even more dramatic. I love it! <333
* Stand Up – This is another favorite of mine next to Taxi. When I first listened to the preview of this, I was actually laughing so hard because of tongue-twister of a lyrics they did in the chorus and of course the new word they made a.k.a. “FUNKINATION”. But when I listened to the whole song, I actually liked it. I love the beat and the arrangement, too. It’s so catchy too and the “tongue-twister chorus” keeps on repeating in my mind. LOL.
* We Are – Very anime-ish. Hahaha. But I’m actually enjoying this song. It gives me the same feel as their song “Box in the ship” only this is anime-ish while that one was Disney-ish. LOL.
* Nobody Knows – It’s actually a nice song. Although I still like the other songs better than this one, I’d say it’s still one catchy song and is worth listening to. It’s very relaxing to listen to it since it isn’t as slow as a ballad but it’s not as fast as a dance song either. It’s definitely perfect for someone who only wants to chill. =)
* 9095 – How should I put this? Hmmm… this song is… different. It’s not the usual song by DBSK. They certainly played and experimented on the arrangement of the song as well as on the effect on their voices (echo, etc.). I actually like how it turned out to be. So mysterious and yet so “interesting” at the same time. The piano playing in the background is just pure love. Jae is certainly a genius for composing this song. :D
* 9096 (hidden track) – It sounds so mysterious and scary at the same time. It’s like I’m watching a horror or suspense movie just by listening to it. This is one song that I would definitely not listen to when I’m alone at home or during the night. LOL.
As a whole, I would give this album a rating of 8.5/10 since I like most of the songs (some of the new ones as well as the songs that have already been released). Although some of the new songs aren’t really getting my attention YET, I think it’s an album that is worth listening to. A different DBSK is presented in this album. A more courageous , bold, and experimental DBSK. I guess the reason why I don’t seem to appreciate some of the new songs yet is because they’re made using a new style which happens to be not my type. But DBSK always makes me change my mind especially when I see them perform the song live. I’m betting I’ll start to like those songs in the future, too. :D